In addition to all the great things we enjoy during this holiday season, you’re invited to join us at Washington Heights Church as we unleash a wave of generosity in our community and around the world. Every dollar given and every hour served will help communicate love, value and dignity to each person served. Here’s how it works:
Each Sunday, from now until Christmas there will be special envelopes available in The Hub for financial donations that will go entirely to the projects being funded this year. You can also donate online at whc.faith. The total cost for LOVE GIVES 2021 is $115,000.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Sunday, November 14 and 21 Pick up red Love Gives gift boxes to fill for the staff of local organizations serving children.
- Sunday, November 21 Refugee collection drive.
- Friday, December 3 @ 4pm or 6pm and Saturday December 4 @ 9am, 12pm, or 3pm Feed My Starving Children.
- Sunday, December 5, Raising funds to support a Haitian family from Haiti.
- Sunday, December 12, Announcing bullet proof vests for Layton City and Morgan Police.
- Sunday, December 19, Present gift of the bullet proof vests to Layton City and Morgan Police.
- Friday, December 24, @1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, & 5:30pm, Christmas Eve Candlelight services.
UNDERSTANDING LOVE GIVES
Each Sunday, from now until Christmas there will be special envelopes available for donations to the projects being funded this year. You can also donate online at whc.faith. Total cost-$115,000
Gifts for Staff at Local Organizations serving Children:
Sundays, November 14 and 21,you can pick up a box to fill with gifts and bring back to church for distribution. Each box has a list of ideas to help you get started. We’ll need them back at the church by Sunday, December 5th.
Supplies For Refugees:
On Sunday November 21 you can pick up a flyer with information about supplies needed for refugees arriving in Utah. We will be collecting socks, hoodies, sweat pants, gloves, and coats. All items should be NEW and returned no later than December 19.
Feed My Starving Children:
Join us Friday, December 3 at 4pm or 6pm or Saturday, December 4 at 9am, 12pm, or 3pm to hand pack meals formulated specifically for malnourished children. The meals are shipped to nearly 70 countries. Registration IS required. to Register please click HERE. Your financial contribution will help provide 248,000 meals.
Supporting Local Refugee Families:
We will be raising funds to support a Haitian family from Haiti. To donate please visit HERE. The total needed is $30,000.
Bullet Proof Vests for Layton City and Morgan Police Departments:
As a part of LOVE GIVES we have committed to help fund the purchase of bullet proof vests for the Layton and Morgan Police Departments. Your donation could help save the life of a local police officer. Plan to join us Sunday, December 19 as we present the gifts to the departments.
*ALL ITEMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE TRAILER LOCATED AT WASHINGTON HEIGHTS CHURCH MARKED LOVE GIVES DROP OFF
A special thank you to all involved with Washington Heights Church to make Love Gives 2021 successful!