In addition to all the great things we enjoy during this holiday season, you’re invited to join us at Washington Heights Church as we unleash a wave of generosity in our community and around the world. Every dollar given and every hour served will help communicate love, value and dignity to each person served. Here’s how it works:
Each Sunday, from now until Christmas there will be special envelopes available in The Hub and Auditorium for financial donations that will go entirely to the projects being funded this year. You can also donate online at whc.faith. The goal for LOVE GIVES 2022 is $135,000.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Sunday, November 13 and 20 – Pick up red Love Gives gift boxes to fill for the staff of local elementary schools!
- Sunday, November 20 – Child Sponsorship: Join us in the Welcome Center to have your picture taken of you or your family to have the opportunity to sponsor a child. Within the next week, this photo will be taken to Kenya, where the child will pick their sponsor rather than you picking them.
- Sunday, November 27, School building in Kenya: Support a building effort that will allow more children to learn in Kenya!
- Saturday, December 10 @ 9am doors open, 10am event starts: Feed My Starving Children: Help hand-pack meals for malnourished children.
- Sunday, December 18 – Coat/Glove Drive for kids!
- Saturday, December 24, @ 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, & 3:30pm are the Christmas Eve Services.
SCHEDULE OF SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Sunday, December 11 – SPONSORED CHILD REVEAL – Every child has had the opportunity to pick a sponsor. Today, photos will be displayed in the Welcome Center revealing who they picked.
- Friday, Date TBA KIDZ EVENT
- Friday, Date TBA PRE-TEENS CHRISTMAS PARTY
- Friday, Date TBA STUDENTS CHRISTMAS PARTY
- Saturday, December 24 CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES – Click here for more information.
- Sunday, December 25 VIRTUAL SUNDAY SERVICE – Click here for more information.
UNDERSTANDING LOVE GIVES
Each Sunday, from now until Christmas there will be special envelopes available for donations to the projects being funded this year. You can also donate online at whc.faith. Total cost = $135,000
Gifts for Staff at 4 Local Elementary Schools:
Sundays, November 13 and 20, you can pick up a box to fill with gifts and bring back to church for distribution. Each box has a list of ideas to help you get started. We’ll need them back at the church by Sunday, December 11th.
Sunday, November 20, we will share details about how you can sponsor a child to attend Gateway Victory Learning Center in Kenya. Sponsorship is $35 per month. Matches with sponsors and children will be available for pick up on Sunday, December 11.
School Building in Kenya:
Sunday, November 27, we will be sharing more information and a video about how we can help support a building effort that will allow more orphaned and vulnerable children to attend Gateway Victory Learning Center in Kenya.
Feed My Starving Children:
Saturday, December 10, at 10am. Join us to hand pack meals formulated for malnourished children. The meals are shipped to 70 countries. Everyone is welcome to this family-friendly event! Your financial contribution will help provide 275,000 meals.
Coat and Glove Drive for Kids:
Sunday, December 18, cards will be available to choose with sizes for children’s coats and gloves to be given to the residents of a local mobile home parl. Please wait to pick up a card before shopping! We will need everything back no later than January 8.
A special thank you to all involved with Washington Heights Church to make Love Gives 2022 successful!